- Develop suitable curriculum for early childhood education. This curriculum needs to be suitable for Bangladesh considering the socio-economic and religious elements.
An estimated cost range associated with the curriculum development (including materials, documentation and consultant fees) are outlined below.
|Subject||Pre-school (3-6 years)||Lower Primary (6-9 years)||Upper Primary (9-12 years)|
|Cultural (Science & Arts)||£5,000||£3,000||£7,000|
- Develop and organize effective training for the early years’ teachers and parents. This is crucial for the success of this initiative. Primarily the teachers will be trained under Montessori method.
The below table shows the cost (FY 2016/17) associated with Montessori nursery and primary teacher training from different providers.
|Training Course||Training Provider/ website
|Mode of Study and Cost (with instalment options)|
|Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven (Early Years Educator) Level 3||Montessori Centre International
Distance learning: £3,000
|Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven (Early Years Educator) Level 4||Montessori Centre International
Distance learning: £3,250
|Montessori Diploma AMI (6-12)||Maria Montessori Institute
|Montessori Assistants Certificate Course AMI (3-6)||Maria Montessori Institute
Educational programme development
The objective of this project is to develop supplementary educational programme partnering with the local and international education providers. This will be done after field testing with the curriculum and trained teachers. Some of the relevant areas that need your support are listed below.
- Recruiting and retaining the qualified and trained school teachers
- Hiring a premise for running weekend schools
- Developing and publishing the new curriculum